Today’s the first school day of 2015. I’ve never been much of a resolution maker, but I’ve been thinking a lot about my personal and professional goals for the year.
- Become a Google Certified Teacher – I have to take a couple tests that will show my proficiency using Google Apps with teachers and students
- Facilitate at least three professional development courses for our teachers
- Flipped classroom?
- Maximizing the efficient use of digital resources?
- Google integration in the classroom?
- 21st Century Design online course?
- What other tech driven classes would you like to see offered?
- Get myself into a classroom at least once a week (I really miss working with students on a regular basis!)
- A Tweet a day – this one is hard for me, I don’t want my tweets to be contrived and I want them to be somewhat spontaneous
- Blog 3 times a month – well, this is a good start, right? I still feel like teachers don’t really know who I am or what my position is. I think this blog can be the transparency I need and help me define this position.
- Cater a wedding – I haven’t done that in a while and I may have one on the books already
- Cook through a cookbook – my colleague, Becky Scent, has been doing that for the last year and I’ve enjoyed reading her reviews.
- Read 50 books – that’s my Goodreads Challenge for the year. I didn’t quite make it last year, but I’m determined this year
- Take time to create every week! It can be for my house (I have TONS of DIY ideas), something to spruce up the office, add things to my professional portfolio
- Spoil my husband – Jason is what he calls a “daytime dad” – he stays home during the day with our 4 kids and I have no clue how he does it. Our kids are awesome but they are exhausting! I need to do a better job of giving him time to himself and letting him know that his work is so important and so appreciated!
What are your goals for 2015?!